From The Pastor’s Desk – Sunday, March 17, 2019
Man Up 2019
Brother to Brother
Adam had a breakdown in communication with Eve in the book of Genesis. Often brothers have similar problem in our communication. Below are five reasons that Adam failed in communicating that we all can consider to help us better communicate.
- He ignored some details in the message he was supposed to communicate.
- He allowed Eve’s voice to influence him more than God’s voice.
- He failed to hold himself accountable for his communication.
- He forgot what God had said about the consequences of disobedience.
- He did not take responsibility for the results of his failed communication.
Let’s learn from Adam’s mistake. You may be a good speaker – but are you a good communicator? Do you pay close attention to what God tells you? Do you give appropriate attention to detail? Do you take responsibility for what God has entrusted to you? Let’s Man Up!
Suffragan Bishop Vernon Spinks, Pastor